Armada GFL3000 Ground Fault Locator
Easily Locate Ground Faults in Underground Cables or Wires.
Armada GFL3000 Ground Fault Locator is a new low cost locator for contractors and maintenance personnel to locate Buried Ground Faults. The Armada GFL3000 pinpoints ground faults – nicks and cuts in underground cable, where electrical voltage is being lost to ground.
- Locates Buried Ground Faults
- Audible 'On' Beeper
- Dual Power Capabilities (Hi/Lo)
- Rechargeable Battery
- Battery Power Indicator
- Custom Molded Case
How does the Armada GFL3000 ground fault locator work?
1. You need to connect powerful signal transmitter to ground and wire and turn it on. A powerful charge signal gets generated and transmitted along the wire. The signal escapes to ground, where a cut or nick in cable exist.
2. Place A-Frame on ground and watch a needle of receiver placed at the top of A-Frame. It will kick in a direction of a fault. Simply follow in that direction, until the needle does not move anymore. There is your fault, right below the meter.
3. You need to know, where your cable runs to use A-Frame properly. If you don’t, you can quickly find that out by using one Armada’s cable locators (Pro800D, Pro900 or Pro871C).
Armada GFL3000 offers features not previously available at this price point. The GFL3000 features both high and low power capability and a simple reading on the battery power available. Special Sale.
Armada GFL 3000 kit contains:
- Transmitter with 12V rechargeable batteries
- Ground stake
- Instruction Manual
- Manufacturer’s Warranty – 1 Year
- GFL3000R Receiver, GFL3000AF Receiving Frame, GFL3000T Dual Power Transmitter (with rechargeable battery) / Carrying Case, ProGS Ground Stake, Battery Charger, User Guide
- Discovers buried ground faults
- Features hi/low dual power capabilities
- Power ON audible beep indication
- Indicates battery power
- Battery is rechargeable (Battery and charger included)
- Custom molded casing
- Warranty 12 Months
|Specifications:||Armada GFL3000 Ground Fault Locator|
|Power Requirements||12V DC|
|Battery Type||12V Rechargeable (included) |
9V NEDA (not included)
|Power Output||2400 or 3400 VDC selectable|
|Weight||Transmitter: 9lbs with battey |
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Applications:||Armada GFL3000 Ground Fault Locator|
|Ground Fault Locator for contractors and maintenance personnel to locate Buried Ground Faults|
Armada GFL3000 Buried Wire Ground Fault Locator
If you haven't used one just be sure you understand that it's not a wire locator. This is specifically for targeting hard to find faults in underground cables. If you know the wire path, you can easily pinpoint the breaks with this meter and get to repairing without diggin up the whole yard or field. Good tool if you know what you're doing
Yes, you can find small nicks in buried cables to get them fixed, before they create any major problems. My advise: make sure you know exactly a path of a cable to find those nicks fast.
ground faults cannot hide anymore
Locating ground faults with GFL is as easy as spreading butter on a slice of bread. Yes, this is a bold yet true statement. What's the key to easy locating? Proper grounding of transmitter to increase signal strength, and marking the cable run, so you stay right over it. The rest is easy, as two little arrows on the locator clock will show you direction towards the fault. This is really one of the best tools I have.
When it comes to locating ground faults in cables we now trust Armada products. GFL is very accurate, providing you either located a path of the cable, or know where it is. For guys who are new to locating ground faults, I recommend watching Armada's video. We use Armada on our golf course quite often now.
Worked as advertised, found the damage pretty easily.
I'm joking a little but like another guy said if you know the cable path this thing works great for getting exactly to the wire faults. You might know the more expensive competitor model of this and this one is just as good if not better for less money. Definitely get one
We were overwhelmed, but when we got GFL we were amazed how accurate it is. It pinpointed to a nick in the cable with 2inch accuracy. Just make sure you stay on cable's path to get so accurate locate.
Up to 12'
I've used the GFL3000 with lines up to 12' deep. This is the way to go. No reason to mess around with anything but the best.
Would had been convinient to have years ago
I found a small hole in a 250 yard cable run with this device within 5 of the point of the fault, along with a shorted cable 12 foot deep with this device, granted the signal was faint but it was definitely the short.
can't believe how great it worked.
can't believe how well it worked. I used a line locator to trace & paint the location of the UG line then i went to follow the paint marks to locate the fault. within minutes we figured it out & found the short.
Quick and accurate, works great.
Works great, having pinpointed many nicks and cuts in buried irrigation wire with this tool. Quick and accurate.
This is a smart device, as niddle on meter always kicks in the fault direction, so you know where you need to go to find a fault. Finding ground faults is really easy, providing you know the path of your cable. Hey, watch Armada's video to see that too.