- One investment - Dual purpose leak detector that can detect both combustible and refrigerant gases
- Detects refrigerants and combustible gases (with respective sensor installed) – changing sensors takes only seconds
- Visual and audible indicators include dual LED scales, flashing LED in probe tip and a speaker (with mute option)
- Sensor located in the probe tip for ultimate sensitivity, fast response and easy changing
The Bacharach Informant 2 leak detector features an audible indicator with a mute option coupled with sequential LEDs to monitor increasing concentrations of refrigerant or combustible gases.
- Informant 2 Contractor Kit includes: Informant 2 tester, refrigerant and combustible gas sensors, color-coded sensor tips, instruction manual, 4 AA batteries, and a hard carrying case.
- One instrument—two functions: Refrigerant and Combustible Gas Leak Detector.
- Microprocessor controlled for accuracy and reliability
- Swap sensor tips in seconds
- Sensors are the industry’s most responsive
- Sensitivity is automatically adjusted
- Hydrophobic filter prevents moisture contamination
- Detects all halogens and all combustibles
- Sequential flashing probe tip, dual LED displays and loud tick rate indicates relative concentration levels
- Response time is two-tenths of a second
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- Probe length adjustable from 3" to 20"
- Optional rubber boot holds flashlight
|Specifications:||Bacharach 0019-8038 Informant 2 Refrigerant and Gas Leak Detector Kit |
|Refrigerants Detected ||All CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants including: R12, R22, |
R123, R134A and blends R404A, R408A, R409A and
R410A (i.e., any refrigerant containing Chlorine, Fluorine or
|Combustible Gases Detected ||All combustible gases and vapors 0 to 400%|
|Warm-up Time ||10 seconds |
|Alarm Sensitivity || |
Refrigerant: Less than 0.25 oz/yr of R134A (hardest to detect refrigerant)
Combustible Gas: Minimum 50 ppm (Methane)
|Dimensions ||1.75”W x 9.62”L x 2.25”H (4.45 cm x 24.43 cm x 5.72 cm) |
|Weight ||0.86 lbs (0.39 kg) with batteries |
|Sensors || |
Refrigerant: Heated Diode - U.S. Patent No. 5,932,176
Combustible: Patented semiconductor type. Five year typical life.
|Probe ||20” (50.8 cm) maximum length, fully extended; 3” (7.62 cm) |
if wrapped around instrument. Includes LED indicator
|Alarm Types||Audible, dual visual LED’s and flashing probe tip |
|Response Time ||Instantaneous |
|Power ||4 AA Alkaline Batteries (Included) 4-5 hours, under typical |
|Approvals || |
Refrigerant SAE J1627; CE Mark
Combustible UL 913 Classified, intrinsically safe for use in Class1,
|Warranty ||One year, including sensors|
|Includes:||Informant 2 Contractor Kit: (instrument comes with refrigerant and combustible |
gas sensors, color-coded probe tips, protective rubber boot, 4 AA
batteries, instruction manual and hard carrying case)
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
||Bacharach 0019-8038 Informant 2 Refrigerant and Gas Leak Detector Kit|
|Dual purpose leak detector that can detect both combustible and refrigerant gases|
|Excellent detctor for residential and commercial heating and cooling contractors|