The Bacharach PCA 400 Portable Combustion and Emissions Analyzer is the newest entry from Bacharach into the flue gas analysis market. This is the most versatile handheld analyzer for commercial boilers, furnaces and engines.
- 10 Standard Fuels plus Custom Fuels Set Up for extended testing capability
- Large Color Touch Screen Display with easy to see results
- Intuitive Icon Menu for easy operation
- Enhanced Data Viewing Mode for better results interpretation
- B-Smart Pre-Calibrated Sensors for field replacement and cost savings
- Bluetooth Communication for wireless data transfer and real-time data streaming
- 500 Memory Locations for saving test results, downloads and their organization
- Advanced Sensor Features providing 5-year warranty on O2 sensor, automatic sensor protection, calibration curve, etc.
Building on previous PCA3 versions as well as input from the contractors who use their products daily, Bacharach created an easy-to-use industrial combustion analyzer that is chock full of features. Standard features on the new PCA 400 Portable Combustion and Emissions Analyzer include Bluetooth, color touchscreen display, and has a typical 14 hour battery life.
The PCA 400 includes 10 standard fuels plus the ability to add custom fuels as necessary. Bacharach made the data easy to read by giving you multiple viewing styles, including bar graphs, tile, list (text), and trending formats as well as the ability to customize the order these parameters are shown.
The PCA 400 series can also be setup to perform real time data streaming through the standard Bluetooth to any PC, tablet, or mobile device for remote viewing and tuning of larger equipment.
The Bacharach PCA 400 series of analyzers can be configured with up to 4 gas sensors (CO-H2, CO, NO, NO2, SO2). Information on ordering the correct version to fit your specific needs can be found on the last page of the data sheet. There is also the ability to enable a higher pump flow and perform fresh air sensor purging while the probe is still in the flue.
Bacharach backs these analyzers with a 2 year warranty on the instrument itself and a 5 year warranty on the O2 sensor. The Bacharach PCA 400 analyzers are great for engines, midstream oil and gas, and commercial and industrial boilers.
Since this is a software driven analyzer, Bacharach has an ability to upgrade and/or introduce new product features from time to time. The latest upgrade - from August of 2018 introduces sensor protection, low NOx measurement, near-field communication, as well as running measurements and controlling the instrument from PCA 400 App.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Bacharach PCA400
- Low Maintenance Cost and Competitive Purchase Price
- Bluetooth Capability for Data Transfer and Viewing
- Sensor Protection and 5-Year Warranty
- Low NOX Resolution for Accurate Measurement in Commercial Applications
- Well-designed Easy to Use Resistive Touch Screen
What does sensor protection provide?
This feature enables the analyzer to dilute high concentrations of CO, NO, NO2, and SO2 gases to protect sensors and to slow down use of electrochemicals in them to extend sensor life. Such a great feature saves money, as it allows for more efficient use of the instrument.
What does low NOx provide?
The low NOx measurement enables the instrument to show readings, as low as 0.1 ppm, as it is required by greenhouse gas emissions testing standards for NOx.
How does NFC (near-field communication) improve analyzer use?
The NFC technology further streamlines replacement of B-Smart pre-calibrated sensors. A HVAC service technician has only to swipe the new sensor across the analyzer NFC reader, so the calibration curve and serial number are transmitted to the instrument improving work of installed sensor.
How does improved Mobile App help to run tests and reports?
The new App provides a complete remote control of the analyzer, measurements and reports. When the instrument starts analyzing combustion, the user can remotely view test results, change settings, run reports and send them pdf files directly to customers.
What are the main improvements of PCA400 over PCA3?
PCA 400 has much larger screen and can display more lines of information at the same time. This is a very much user friendly feature. In addition, new menus are easier to navigate, so the set-up of analyzer, selection process, viewing information and sending it are performed in a natural way.
Moreover, a service tech can control the analyzer from a smart phone, as well as view and send data. The software of PCA-400 enables viewing readings on a PC, and you can see progressive curves of two different gases at the same time.
The probe and hose set now consists of two separate parts, so it is easier to just get one of them, in case you need to replace one. This also lowers the cost of servicing your instrument.
Each sensor compartment is distinctive, so the replacement process is very easy and fast – no more wondering, if you are inserting the sensor into a correct place.
Despite the bigger size the PCA400 is more ergonomic and the touch screen further simplifies use of the instrument.
What configurations are available?
While this is not an exhaustive list by any means, Bacharach has provided a list of common configurations for the PCA 400 series flue gas analyzers:
- 2410-1110 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. standard tubing and standard case
- 2410-1112 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. standard tubing and standard case and Bluetooth printer
- 2411-1110 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, NO, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. standard tubing and standard case
- 2411-1112 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, NO, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. standard tubing and standard case and Bluetooth printer
- 2412-1310 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, NO, NO2, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. Viton tubing and standard case
- 2412-1312 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, NO, NO2, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. Viton tubing, standard case and Bluetooth printer
- 2413-1310 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, NO, SO2, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. Viton tubing and standard case
- 2413-1312 - PCA 400 w/ O2, CO, NO, SO2, 12 in. probe with 7.5 ft. Viton tubing, standard case and Bluetooth printer