Dwyer SAH-22 Smart Air Hood with Wi-Fi Communication
Handheld test instrument preloaded with SMART Air Hood App
This is a factory refurbished unit
The Dwyer Flow Hood SAH-22 uses a new truly innovative Quad Flow design. This new design allows the airflow hood to get the most accurate airflow measurements achievable by minimizing backpressure and controlling the flow of air.
The Dwyer Smart Air Hood also features Wi-Fi communication compatible with most smartphone and tablet devices up to 200 yards. The Dwyer Sah 22 uses the PredictAir application to streamline the airflow balancing via the Express Balance mode.
• Dwyer SAH-22 Smart Air Hood Balometer with Quad Flow Design
• Quad Flow Design Technology (patent pending)
• Innovative design provides more even airflow and reduces backpressure. Accurate within 3% or better regardless of diffuser type. Bronze Award Winner from ACHR News.
• Predictive balancing (patent pending)
• Guides the technician through the air balancing process making sure the proper airflow values are set for each diffuser. Gold Award Winner from ACHR News.
• Ergonomic Design
• Weighs only 6 lbs. and mounts to an extendable pole for easy use. Hood can be tilted for better maneuverability.
• Mobile Speed
• With up to 200 yards in Wi-Fi connection distance, the Dwyer SAH-22 allows users to measure faster with more flexibility.
• Lowest Total Cost of Ownership
• Uses a rechargeable lithium battery with up to 4 AA battery backup to help prevent downtime. Very easy to detach removable pitot arrays and pressure sensors for yearly calibration.
Many air balance technicians and engineers have claimed that this particular air hood could help them get their jobs done in half the time.
The Dwyer SAH 22 Smart Air Hood also features a low cost of ownership since the 4 pressure sensors can easily be replaced and recalibrated.
The SAH-22 Smart Hood is also equipped with temperature and humidity sensors that are used to detect differences in air density, and therefore improves the overall airflow measurements. These sensors display readings in the PredictAir app, but they are not accurate enough to be used for reporting purposes.
It is recommended to use standalone units such as the Dwyer RP2 with its mobile gateway, the UHH-BTG for humidity and temperature measurements.
This new Dwyer smart hood will surely revolutionize the air balancing process by reducing the time and cost of the operation. Also, the greater maneuverability is fantastic, as you can measure air flow from hard to reach registers, grilles or diffusers. In addition, the Quad Flow Design Technology for controlling air flow and minimize back pressure yields superior measurement that are accurate, dependable and repeatable.
SAH-22 Adapter Hoods
The Dwyer SAH Smart Air Hood comes standard with a 2 ft x 2 ft opening, but by using one of Dwyer’s adapter hoods, it can be used with other diffuser or register sizes. The adapter hoods come in 4 different sizes: 1ft x 4ft (p/n - A-SAH-14S), 2ft x 4ft (p/n - A-SAH-24S), 3ft x 3ft (p/n - A-SAH-33S), and 1ft x 5ft (p/n - A-SAH-15S) . The best part is that only one adapter base kit is needed, as it can be used with any of the four adapter hood sizes. You purchase the adapter base kit (sold separately p/n - A-SAH-BK) and then choose which adapter hoods (sold individually) you need for your applications. All of the hoods attach to the adapter base kit which attaches to the air hood. More information on assembling the adapter hoods can be found in the Adapter Hood Data Sheet under the Documentation Section.
- SAH instrument and hood with sensors
- Travel carrying case
- Android phone for remote readings
- Cables and charger
- Support pole 3' (optional 4.5' to 12' pole part A-SAH-12P, available)
The SAH-22 Kit includes a soft carrying case, but an optional hard carrying case is available. (p/n A-SAH-HC)
Available brand new Dwyer SAH-22 Smart Air Hood Balometer with Quad Flow Design