Gen-Eye X-Pod Sewer Camera SL-GX-E
Gen-Eye X-Pod SL-GX-E Pipe Inspection Camera Kit features a powerful command module with USB port to record video inspections on flash drives. The Gen-Eye X-POD includes 7" LCD color monitor for crisp, clear pictures, one-touch recording, 4X digital zoom, voice-over recording, date and time stamp, and flash drive capacity indicator. The lightweight X-POD combines camera, reel, and monitor into one compact package. The Command Module also includes a 3 ft. Probe Rod with color camera for inspecting hard to reach places.
- 200 feet of Gel-Rod® cable
- Adjustable mount that lets you set the monitor for the best viewing angle, wherever you’re working.
- Heavy-duty, 600 denier poly canvas reel cover protects work sites from dripping push-rods.
- 512Hz transmitter built into the camera assembly, compatible with the Gen-Eye Hot Spot locator
- USB port for recording video and pictures on a flash drive (up to 64GB).
- 7” LCD color monitor for easy viewing
- Color camera with LED illumination
- 4X digital zoom
- Voice-over recording to combine audio commentary with the video from the rod.
- Rechargeable internal battery for up to 4 hours of inspection and recording time.
- 3ft Probe-Rod for inspecting small, difficult areas like duct work, furnaces, and crawl spaces
- The most important video and photo control buttons can be used with either the left or right hand.
- The Command Module includes a built-in microphone for voice-over recording as well as a speaker for audio playback.
- NTSC or PAL video output via HDMI
- High-speed auto white balance
- Adjustable light levels on both rods help avoid washed out images.
The SL-GX-E is a Gen-Eye X-POD sewer camera kit that combines a color pipe inspection camera, durable cable and reel, and an advanced monitor into one compact and economical package.
The SL-GX-E is a great base kit for building customized pipe inspection assemblies to meet the demands of different jobs. The modular Gen-Eye X-POD design, reel size options, and cable sizes give professionals maximum flexibility to get jobs done.
Expand Inspection Capabilities with the Hot Spot Locator or Gen-Eye Prism Module
Speaking of flexibility, this Gen-Eye sewer camera is compatible with the Gen-Eye Prism module. When attached to the Prism module, the SL-GX-E can provide distance counting, adding up to nine pages of text to inspection videos, and Wi-Fi connectivity for monitoring or recording inspections on a smartphone or tablet.
Also, the General Gen-Eye X-POD camera assembly includes a 512Hz transmitter, for use with the Gen-Eye Hot Spot Locator. When the GX-500 Command Module is turned on, the transmitter is automatically activated.
Video and Pictures
This General Gen-Eye 3 sewer camera can both display the video feed from the rod on the Command Module’s 7” LCD screen as well as record it (in .avi format) to an attached USB flash drive. The Command Module provides a one-touch button for recording video and capturing images (saved in .jpg format). Both images and video can have a date and time stamp.
This Gen-Eye X-POD really excels, however, at making video capture easy during the inspection process. With easy video playback and photo display, and LED dimmer control produces the best picture with the right amount of light, this scope helps pros find and assess clogs quickly and easily.
With this Gen-Eye sewer camera, pros can both capture video and record their own spoken commentary over that video. Documenting an inspection and presenting the findings to customers has never been easier.
Speaking of easy, the GX-500 Command Module has two sets of buttons for rotating the picture, snapping an image, and recording video. This allows the scope to be operated by either hand.
With this Gen-Eye X-POD pipe inspection camera, there’s no need to hunt for the audio recording button--because there isn’t one. The built-in mic is always live when the Gen-Eye X-POD is recording video. Recorded audio can be played back either through the Command Module’s speaker or by attaching an earphone into the audio jack on the left side of the monitor.
Data Storage and Power
The Gen-Eye SL-GX-E helps pros avoid coming up short on either power or storage space for video and photos. The Command Module displays both the remaining flash drive capacity as well as the amount of charge left in the internal battery. In addition to the rechargeable battery that delivers up to 4 hours of use, the Gen-Eye SL-GX-E pipe inspection camera has an internal AC/DC converter that allows pros in the field to work off of truck power alone.
Reel Capacity and Features
The Gen-Eye SL-GX-E includes a SL-GL-200 reel with 200 feet of Gel-Rod® for inspecting 3” to 10” drain lines. This reel is built with the full-size self-leveling color camera.
The reel features ten inch wheels for easy transport to and from the job. The tough steel frame can be operated vertically or horizontally, so professionals can handle nearly any job.
Gel-Rod® Push Rods
This Gen-Eye X-POD kit comes with 200’ feet of Gen-Eye’s patented Gel-Rod push rod. Gel-Rod is designed to withstand tough abuse in the line for a long service life. This cable contains gel that protects the wires from moisture in case the cable is cut or abraded. Gel-Rod cable also features a Kevlar® braid, fiberglass core, and durable sheath. These provide both the stiffness and protection required for maximum pushing and pulling force.
Also, Gel-Rod cable is constructed with two different colored layers. The dual colors makes cable wear instantly detectable, and alerts plumbers to repair the damage before it becomes a serious problem.
Skids for Camera Protection and Optimal Viewing
This Gen-Eye X-POD sewer camera kit comes with skids for 2", 3" and 6" lines that protect the camera from abrasion as it slides through cast iron traps. The skids also keep the camera centered within the pipe for better viewing and they reduce the drag on the cable on longer runs.
- GX-500 Command Module
- SL-GL-200: A reel with 200’ of Gel Rod with Self-Leveling Color Camera
- Docking Kit
- Skids for 2", 3" and 6" lines
- 2-year limited warranty (except the LCD Monitor, DVDR, and SD Card Reader which are warranted for one year)
General Pipe Gen-Eye X-Pod Video Pipe Inspection Cameras with Flash Drive - Which is the best one for your application?
Gen-Eye X-Pod Packages
- Includes GX-500 Command Module, SL-GL-200 reel with Self-Leveling Color Camera, Docking Kit and 2, 3,& 6" skids.
- Same as SL-GX-E, plus GL-100 Hot-Spot Locator
Gen-Eye X-POD Mini Self-Leveling Color Camera Packages
- Includes GX-500 Command Module, SL-M-GL-100 reel with Mini Self-Leveling Color Camera, Docking Kit and 2 & 3" skids.
- Same as SL-GX-A, plus GL-100 Hot-Spot Locator
- Includes GX-500 Command Module, SL-M-GL-200 reel with Mini Self-Leveling Color Camera, Docking Kit and 2 & 3" skids.
- Same as SL-GX-C, plus GL-100 Hot-Spot Locator