Greenlee Tempo BLL-200 is a lightweight and ergonomically balanced buried line locator that traces 20 feet underground and provides depth readings up to 15 feet. The BLL-200 is UL and cUL listed and complies with UL 3111-1 Category III standards. The BLL-200 receiver has a switch setting that determines if the unit is in active (TRACE on the panel markings) or passive mode. In active mode, the receiver only looks for the signal from the transmitter, reducing the chance of tracing other lines carrying weaker signals. It locates multiple passive frequencies with only a single switch setting. The Greenlee Tempo BLL-200 transmitter can be connected to live lines up to 600 Volts AC and 300 Volts DC. The LED and LCD signal strength indicators make it quick and easy to find exact line locations. The Greenlee Tempo BLL-200 features an improved clamp for inductive coupling. The new clamp provided greater signal strength and can accommodate 3-inch conduit, 3.5 inches in diameter). The clamp is now attached to the transmitter via a 3-foot long cable instead of being rigidly attached, improving ease of use. Both units have microprocessor-based circuitry that delivers increased accuracy and features auto-gain control in all environments. Each unit also uses standard AA batteries and comes with a low battery indicator.
- LED and LCD signal strength indicators make it quick and easy to find exact line location.
- Lightweight and ergonomically balanced.
- Automatic signal boost makes it easy to trace lines, even those with very weak signals.
- Receiver may be used in either passive or active mode.
- Receiver locates multiple passive frequencies with a single setting.
- Receiver automatically locks out passive range when it detects a transmitter signal, reducing the chance of tracing other lines carrying weaker signals.
- Microprocessor-based circuitry delivers increased accuracy and features auto-gain control in all environments.
- Traces 20' (6m) underground and provides depth reading up to 15'.
- Transmitter can be connected to live lines up to 600V.
- Molded carrying case included.
- Limited lifetime warranty
|Specifications:||Greenlee Tempo BLL-200 Buried Line Locator|
|Operating Voltage||0-600VAC; 0-300VDC|
|Current||13mA (open line); 150mA (live or shorted line)|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 120 F (-17 C to 50 C)|
|Size||7.5" x 4" x 2.1" (190.5mm x 101.6mm x 53mm)|
|Power||6 VDC (4 AA batteries)|
|Weight||15oz. (425g) (with batteries and clamp)|
|Depth Range||Measures: 0-15 ft.; Traces: 0-20 ft.; +/-(10% reading + 0.2 ft.)|
|Depth Resolution||0.1 ft. increments|
|Passive Frequencies||12Hz - 24kHz|
|Size||4.1" x 8.5" x 38" (104.1mm x 215.9mm x 965.2mm)|
|Weight||1 lb. 12 oz. (794g)|
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Seems pretty pricey but it works great. Works on live wires and has a light to alert you if the voltage is over 50V.
This locator can pick up many passive signals. The display also has a lcd strength indicator to make locating easier. Have used several times since purchased and it is simple to use and very accurate. It does have a lot of value for the price.
multiple frequencies built in
This unit has multiple frequencies built in so you can find many different kinds of lines. Telecom, copper, utility. Very versatile instrument.
Just like the description says, this is the least expensive locator I've ever seen that gives a digital readout of the depth of the line. This is essential in my opinion if you need to dig something up.