Inficon 711-203-G1 Enhanced Whisper Ultrasonic Leak Detector is superior for detecting and locating sources of ultrasonic sound through the use of sophisticated electronic circuitry. Unaffected by audible noise, Whisper incorporates an Internal Noise Control allowing for use in extremely noisy environments, such as mechanical rooms, and around operating chillers. This is the best-selling gas leak detector in US.
- Finds leaks in pressurized systems irregardless of gas type – pressure or vacuum
- Finds electrical arcing issues
- Detects warn bearings or malfunctioning steam traps
- Detects leaking seals
The Whisper leak detector find leak, where gas detectors or soap bubbles fail to work. The Inficon Whisper detects ultrasonic sound at 40.5 kHz allowing the minutest leak to be detected easily and can be increased in accuracy by incorporating an optional transmitter.
The Whisper has a built-in heterodyne capability. This special feature of the Inficon ultrasonic leak detector reduces detected frequencies to a sound range human ear can hear. Simply plug in headphones to enable this feature.
The Inficon leak finder shows leaks via audible sound or visual LED display. The instrument has a sensitivity adjustment controlled by a touch pad for pin pointing to a leak source.
Now it’s easier to find leaks with Whisper, as it features a laser pointer. The Whisper is made in US.
A list of applications includes finding refrigerant leaks, nitrogen leaks, compressed air leaks, leaking vacuum systems, malfunctioning steam traps or pneumatic systems, electrical arcing problems, finding worn bearings or diagnosing of solenoids just to mention a few.
How do you find leaks with ultrasonic leak detectors?
1. Turn the instrument on outside the area, where you want to find leaks, and adjust sensitivity to medium.
2. Walk into room where leaks might be present and accustom yourself to a background noise.
3. Start scanning areas, where possible leaks might be coming from.
4. When you hear a detection sound, scan the area around it.
5. Keep adjusting sensitivity to lower, until you pinpoint to a source of leak.
If you follow those rules, it will be much easier to find a leak.
The Whisper ultrasonic leak detector – enhanced version – comes with additional transmitter and metal contact probe. These additions to Whisper kit expand detection range to include finding leaks from various seals on non-pressurized containers, etc.
The ultrasonic leak detectors are good diagnostic tools when it comes to checking air-tightness of seals. Popular applications include cars, underground tanks, appliances just to mention a few areas.
The additional ultrasonic transmitter enables finding such leaks. Normally, a technician puts the ultrasonic transmitter inside a car and closes all doors and windows. Then, starts to trace a leak sound all around doors, windows and other areas with seals to find the leak.
Inficon Whisper kit box contains:
- Premium headphones
- Metal contact probe
- Rubber extension probe
- Whisper transmitter with 9V battery
- Two D alkaline batteries
- Hard plastic carrying case
- Instruction manual
- Manufacturer’s warranty – 2 years