Inficon Whisper Handheld Ultrasonic Leak Detector, model 711-202-G1, uses sophisticated electronic circuitry with Internal Noise Control to detect sound from pressurized gas leaks even in noisy environments like mechanical rooms, and around operating chillers. This is the best-selling gas leak detector in US.
- Finds leaks in pressurized systems irregardless of gas type – pressure or vacuum
- Finds electrical arcing issues
- Detects warn bearings or malfunctioning steam traps
- Detects leaking seals
The Whisper leak detector find leak, where gas detectors or soap bubbles fail to work. The Inficon Whisper detects ultrasonic sound at 40.5 kHz allowing the minutest leak to be detected easily and can be increased in accuracy by incorporating an optional transmitter.
The Whisper has a built-in heterodyne capability. This special feature of the Inficon ultrasonic leak detector reduces detected frequencies to a sound range human ear can hear. Simply plug in headphones to enable this feature.
The Inficon leak finder shows leaks via audible sound or visual LED display. The instrument has a sensitivity adjustment controlled by a touch pad for pin pointing to a leak source.
Now it’s easier to find leaks with Whisper, as it features a laser pointer. The Whisper is made in US.
How do you find leaks with ultrasonic leak detectors?
1. Turn the instrument on outside the area, where you want to find leaks, and adjust sensitivity to medium.
2. Walk into room where leaks might be present and accustom yourself to a background noise.
3. Start scanning areas, where possible leaks might be coming from.
4. When you hear a detection sound, scan the area around it.
5. Keep adjusting sensitivity to lower, until you pinpoint to a source of leak.
If you follow those rules, it will be much easier to find a leak.
A list of applications includes finding refrigerant leaks, nitrogen leaks, compressed air leaks, leaking vacuum systems, malfunctioning steam traps or pneumatic systems, electrical arcing problems just to mention a few of them.
Inficon Whisper box contains:
- Rubber extension probe
- Two D alkaline batteries
- Hard plastic carrying case
- Instruction manual
- Manufacturer’s warranty – 2 years