Save more with Promo Coupon Code - locate
Add to Cart - Apply Promo Code and enjoy your Discount
Schonstedt u-Locate Plus Pipe and Cable Locator
u-LOCATE+ Dual frequency locator with 512 Hz sonde capability, passive mode, and depth, 33, 82 kHz Active Frequencies, 1W Transmitter. Part number 10/ULOCATE+
The Schonstedt u-Locate Plus is an affordable avoidance tool that allows you to quickly and accurately locate underground utilities helping to prevent costly damages, utility strikes, and service outages. The u-Locate Plus pipe and cable locator offers advanced features to suit almost any locating challenges while emphasizing portability, size, and convenience. The Schonstedt u-Locate Plus cable line detector has 33kHz and 82 kHz active frequency, depth, and passive power locating capabilities. The u-Locate Plus also has a sonde mode (512Hz) (sonde sold separately) for locating and tracing Sondes or inspection cameras. This Schonstedt u-Locate Plus cable and pipe locator is great for single utility locates where accurate identification and tracing of one service amongst others is required.
Schonstedt designed the u-Locate utility locators for the infrequent user who needs an affordable locator to locate underground utilities quickly. Plumbers, electricians, landscapers, contractors, and facilities maintenance technicians are some fields that might benefit from using the u-Locate.
The u-Locate+ pipe and cable locator is helpful to trace utility lines, water pipes, sewer, cable, and gas lines. The Schonstedt u-Locate Plus utility locator consists of two parts, a transmitter, and a receiver. The transmitter emits a frequency that induces onto nearby pipes and cables. The receiver detects these radio frequencies, and the operator can accurately locate and trace the pipes and cables.
- 33kHz, 82kHz Active Frequency
- 512Hz Sonde Mode
- Left/right arrows and audio signals help guide you towards the buried utility
- Depth estimation enables tracing of utilities in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Discriminates between utilities and other buried materials – locate the utility you want
- Robust locator designed for all types of weather and environments
- Passive mode enables the safe identification and tracing of power cables carrying current.
- Accurate power cable identification
- High frequency signal ideal for water, gas and telecom networks
- Long distance tracing of buried utilities and pipelines
- Avoid hitting or damaging buried utilities
- u-LOCATE allows you to quickly and accurately locate underground utilities, helping prevent costly damages, utility strikes, and service outages.
- Easy to use, right when you need it
- A versatile, high quality solution, suitable for a wide variety of difficult locating tasks.
- Ideal for 811 mark verification and Private Locates.
The u-Locate receiver features:
Automatic and manual gain - in the automatic gain mode, the receiver's sensitivity is adjusted automatically to produce a relatively constant and strong signal strength indication. In the manual gain mode, the user can adjust the sensitivity up or down to suit different locating scenarios.
Directional indication – The u-Locate receiver is equipped with directional indicators (arrows). These visual indicators help the user locate the pipe or cable by showing which direction he/she should move to get closer to the target.
Depth measurement – The u-Locate receiver will measure the approximate depth of the target pipe or cable being traced. Depth measurements should only be made when the directional indicators show both arrows and the center bar.
Controls – the u-Locate receiver controls are designed to be intuitive and require a minimum of training. The receiver can easily be operated with one hand.
Visual and audible indicators – the information screen on the receiver is easy to understand with six general areas to display information. The screen displays a battery indicator, a gain indicator, a frequency/mode indicator, a directional indicator, an alphanumeric display, and a volume indicator. In addition, the receiver has visual indicators to facilitate operation in heavy traffic or noisy areas.
The u-Locator transmitter has 33kHz and 82kHz operating frequencies, 4 different operating modes, and a 1W boost to help locate more utilities.
What’s in the Box?
- u-LOCATE Receiver with batteries
- u-LOCATE Transmitter with batteries
- Conductive Clips
- Soft Carrying Case
- Ground Stake & Magnet
- Welcome Placard to download the manual, register unit, watch training videos
Schonstedt u-Locate has two models:
- dual frequency (33, 82kHz) locator with 512 Hz sonde capability, passive mode, and depth