- Easy to use - one hand operation with 3 keypad buttons
- Two versions – with LCD display (ML-1M) without LCD display (ML-1) designed to look, feel, and operate the same
- Outstanding volume with built in speaker
- Microprocessor automatically adjusts to the last volume and gain settings used when turned back on
- Strong aluminum monotube construction
- Lightweight only 2lbs including batteries
- 7-year warranty
- ML-1M includes LCD display ( polarity, signal strength and battery life with a bar graph
The Subsurface ML-1M LCD bar graph display provides visual signal strength, polarity indication, gain setting plus battery life. In addition, both magnetic locators’ microprocessor stores the volume and gain settings prior to be turned off and will automatically adjust to those settings when turned back on.
The detection of ferrous objects is not a problem for this magnetic locator. It can locate a handgun buried 1’ to 2’ underground, a 175 mm projectile 4’ to 5’ underground and a water shutoff valve 6’ to 10’ underground.
The Subsurface utility locator’s monotube construction from aircraft grade aluminum and electronic compartment ABS injected molded plastic provide the best structural integrity. The 39 inch long tube is lightweight (2lb), easy to carry in the padded carrying case and comes with a 7-year warranty.
This magnetic locator is proudly made in the USA and is operated by two 9V batteries with a battery life of about 40 hours.
The batteries are housed in a custom molded compartment that is separate from the electronic components and circuit board on the bottom of the control box.
What's in the Box?
- ML-1 or ML-1M locator
- Two 9V batteries
- Soft carrying case
- Instruction manual
- 40" in length
- Strong monotube construction provides structural integrity
- Uses two regular alkaline 9-volt batteries (shipped with 4)
- Lightweight- only two pounds (including batteries)
- Keypad Controls: On/Off, Volume, Gain Up and Down
- Easy one-hand operation
- 7 year warranty
- Microprocessor retains volume and gain settings from last use
- 9-Volt Batteries, Manual and Blue Soft Carrying Case
|Specifications:||SubSurface Instruments ML-1 Magnetic Locator|
|Overall Length:||38.75 in (98.4 cm)|
|Weight:||2.0 lbs (0.9 kg) including batteries|
|Input Power:||Two (2) standard 9-volt alkaline batteries|
|Battery Life:||40 hours minimum|
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Corner markers (iron or steel)
- Mag nails and PK nails
- Valve and curb boxes
- Iron and steel pipes
- Well casings
- Manhold and Utility Box Covers
- Steel drums and tanks
- Septic tank handles
- Energized electric cables
- Marker magnets
- Unexploded bombs (UXO)