SubSurface Instruments PL-2000 Pipe and Cable Locator offers a new approach in high power, low frequency locating. This pipe and cable locator provides three active frequencies, two passive frequencies, four modes of operation, and both inductive and direct connection capabilities. Made in the USA.
- Direct connection mode uses 3 watts of power - enabling location over longer distances
- Four modes of operation: Peak mode - for the most accurate locating and depth measurements. Null mode - for fast, easy tracking, and left/right indication. Distance mode - Longer distance tracking (up to 1.5 longer). Sonde mode - 8kHZ and 512 Hz for locating sewer Sondes and measuring their depths
- Three active frequencies: 512 Hz, 8kHz, and 27 KHz. Two passive frequencies: 50/60 cycle flowing AC current and Radio in the 14Khz-25kHz ranges
- Mix mode transmits all active frequencies concurrently in Direct Connect mode
- Capable of detecting and reporting poor ground conductivity at the transmitter while in Direct Connection mode
- Current measurement in the Depth function verifies if user is tracing the correct line in congested utilities
- Automatic shut-off feature for receiver and transmitter when not in use
- 3 year warranty
- 3 Watt Transmitter, Receiver, Red and Black Leads, Ground Stake, Padded Carrying Case, and Operators Manual
|:Specifications:||SubSurface Instruments PL-2000 Multi-Frequency Underground Pipe and Cable Locator|
|Size:||11.0 in x 9.5 in x 4.1 in (29.9 cm x 24.1 cm x 10.4 cm)|
|Weight:||5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)|
|Input Power:||DC 12 volts (Eight (8) "D" size batteries or external 12v battery)|
|Battery Life:||20 Hours Typical(Alkaline), 8 Hours at Max Power|
|Operating Temperature:||14° to 122° F (-10° to 50° C)|
|Frequency:||26.725 kHz, 8.125 kHz, and 512 Hz|
|Output Power:||0.5 watts Inductive mode, 3.0 watts Direct mode|
|Transmitting Mode:||Continuous Wave (non-modulating)|
|Depth Accuracy:||Up to 16 feet|
|Size:||5.2 in x 11.0 in x 24.0 in (13.2 cm x 27.9 cm x 61.0 cm)|
|Weight:||4.4 lbs (2.0 kg)|
|Power Supply:||DC 9 Volt (six (6) "AA" batteries)|
|Battery Life:||8 Hours Continuous (Alkaline)|
|Operating Temperature:||4° to 122° F (-10° to 50° C)|
|Frequency Display:||26.725 kHz, 8.125 kHz or .512 Hz|
|Radio Mode:||15 kHz - 25 kHz|
|Live Cable Mode:||50/60 Hz AC|
|Operating Modes:||Peak, Null, Dist , and Sonde|
|Sensitivity:||0 to 40|
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Applications:||SubSurface Instruments PL-2000 Multi-Frequency Underground Pipe and Cable Locator|
|Pipe and Cable Locator|
SubSurface Instruments PL-2000 Advanced Cable and Pipe Locator
This locator from SubSurface has been over performing for me. Very strong transmitter makes the signal strong and loud which makes it easy to follow. The transmitter will inform you if the ground is not good enough so you will always have a great signal.
All around locator
This unit has a lot of features. You can select different frequencies and connect via inductance. There is not a whole lot of pipes or cables you won't be able to locate with this.
Been borrowing one of these from the work shed and it has always done well. Finally had some spare funds to pick one up for my own. Not disappointed at all. Great accuracy and always a strong signal from the transmitter.