Tramex CME5 Concrete Encounter Moisture Meter
- Tramex App to visualize, log, map, geo-tag, create reports and share all readings with co-workers and customers
- Instant, accurate, non-destructive moisture meter for concrete
- Performs test as per ASTM F2659
- Measures up to 6% moisture concrete in concrete
- Gypsum Reference Reading Range
- Comparative reading range
- Reading can be sent to Tramex Meter App via Bluetooth
- Hold button to “freeze” reading
- Easy to read analog display
- Optional extension bracket and selfie stick
Concrete slabs and floors are an excellent subfloor for tile or other floor coverings. However, when working with concrete flooring the most critical piece of information needed is the moisture level in the concrete. Proper testing of the concrete for moisture content is the only way to know if the concrete slab is dry enough to accept flooring. A concrete slab may appear to be dry, but without proper moisture testing before installing carpet or other materials, could lead to floor failures such as condensation, blistering, mold, or other conditions that would deteriorate the floor covering.
The Tramex CME5 is designed specifically for use on concrete slabs and will easily and accurately measure the moisture content over a large area in the shortest possible time. With a depth penetration of approximately ¾” on bare dust free concrete slabs, the moisture meter is calibrated to give percentage moisture content readings up to 6%. Moisture readings on concrete slabs through paint, coatings, adhesives or other material on the surface should be regarded as qualitative or comparative and not quantitative.
The Tramex Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5 evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-invasively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is emitted into the material to be tested through the electrodes on the base of the meter. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The CME5 moisture meter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitous floor screeds. The moisture content is easily read on the large analog display. In addition, the moisture meter also has a hold button to freeze a reading when taking measurements in hard to reach locations.
Tramex Meter App
- Visualize your meter moisture readings
- Photograph and Geo-tag the meter readings to providing vital supportive documentary evidence.
- Moisture mapping your reading - With a photograph or plan drawings of floor or wall surface, you can create a grid to enter moisture reading values creating a complete moisture map of the area. The completed moisture map can be used in reports as a visual illustration of the moisture content in the area as well as be exported.
The Tramex CALCRH Calibration Check Plate is used to check the calibration of the moisture meter. You simply turn the meter on, press the instrument firmly onto the plate so that the spring loaded pins are fully compressed, and read the results. If the measurements are outside the permitted tolerance stated on the front of the CALCRH Check Plate, the instrument should be returned to Tramex for re-calibration
Tramex with over 40 years in the design and production of moisture meters has an international reputation for the highest standards in quality and innovation in a variety of industries related to moisture content in wood and concrete. When purchasing a Tramex, you are investing in quality and peace of mind for years of trouble free use.
|Specifications:||Tramex Concrete Moisture Meter CME5|
|Size:|| 6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (150mm x 85mm x 38mm) |
|Weight:||12.1 oz (344g)|
|Power:||2 x AALR6 Alkaline (included)|
|Depth of Penetration:||approx. 3/4" (20mm)|
|Moisture Content for Concrete||0 to 6%|
|Comparative for Gypsum floor screed||0 to 10|
|Reference scale||0 to 100|
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Applications:||Tramex CME5 Concrete Moisture Meter|
|Indoor Air Quality|
|Ceramic tiles and other masonry type materials|
|Gypsum floor screeds|
|Comparative readings on stone|
Moisture Meters App – Getting Started with the Tramex Meters App
Tramex Meter App - for 5 Series Moisture Meters