Tramex Dec Non Invasive Flat Roofing Moisture Scanner
As per the ASTM D7954 standard
Huge Savings with Promo Code: tramex
(Add the product to the Shopping Cart, Apply Promo Coupon Code and enjoy your additional Discount)
The Tramex Dec Scanner DSAL is an accurate, battery powered, non-destructive impedance moisture scanner designed for detecting and evaluating moisture conditions in roofing and waterproofing systems. The easy to operate roof moisture scanner has 3 levels of sensitivity to enable the surveying of different types of roofing materials as well as roofing depths. The Tramex Dec Scanner Roof Moisture Detector is designed for the commercial roofing industry as it can scan up to 100,000 square feet per day detecting as little as 2% excess moisture to a depth of 6 inches. Made in Ireland.
- Three ranges of sensitivity
- Able to detect low level of excess moisture
- An instantaneous and clear indication of roof condition
- Continuous operation for uninterrupted coverage
- Locates boundaries of wet areas in minutes
- More than twice as fast as nuclear meters
- Ability to test thinner roofs
- No license required
- Easy to use, no training required
- Dependable solid state circuitry and rugged molded body for long-term reliability
- Aluminum foam lined carrying case as standard
- Complies to ASTM D7954*
Excess moisture in roofing and waterproofing systems can affect its performance, reduce thermal resistance values and energy efficiency, raising energy costs, and eventually causing structural damage and system failure. It is important that roof evaluations be done at various stages in the lifetime of a roof to ensure that the integrity of the roofing material or waterproofing systems has not deteriorated. The Tramex DEC Scanner can be used to detect moisture problems in roofing membranes helping to prevent roofing problems from occurring.
The portable and lightweight roof moisture detector is ruggedly made with a dependable solid state circuitry that is safe and easy to use, has no regulatory restrictions, and does not require an operating license. The roof moisture meter, DEC Scanner, comes in a protective carrying case and is easy to assemble when on the roof. The scanner has a telescopic handle that can be adjusted for a variety of heights and a control panel that is ergonomic, easy to use, and easily read. The Tramex scanner features a hold button on the control panel that will freeze the data if you need to record a reading as well as an audio signal that will beep increasing faster as the moisture readings increase.
The DS2 roof moisture scanner includes three ranges of sensitivity to accommodate different types of roofing material and insulation. The 3 ranges of sensitivity are:
- Range 1 – Most suitable for single-ply and thin roof coverings such as PVC, Hypalon and other smooth surfaces where insulation is wet and moisture is close to the surface.
- Range 2 – Most suitable for multi-ply built-up and modified systems, mineral surfaced felts, and other smooth or gravel surfaces where insulation is less wet and moisture is below the surface.
- Range 3 – Most suitable for thicker roof coverings such as mastic asphalt, thick gravel and stone surfaced roofing.
The scanner uses two electrode pads on the underside of the instrument to measure the electrical impedance in a roofing system. The pads generate and transmit a low frequency signal into the roofing material which is received by the other pad. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material being tested. The strength of the current is converted into a comparative moisture content by the Tramex DS2 scanner and is instantaneously displayed on the control panel’s analog dial.
A moisture map of the roof can be attained by walking the DEC Scanner across the roof in a regular pattern comparing different moisture readings to identify areas of high or low moisture content.
What's in the Box?
- Tramex Dec Scanner Roofing Moisture Meter
- Two-piece handle
- Aluminum foam-lined carrying case
- 2 × 9 Volt PP3 Batteries
- Shoulder strap
- Survey pad
- Instruction manual
Tramex also has the RMK5.1
that includes additional products for the ultimate roofing inspection kit.
*ASTM D7954 - Standard Practice for Moisture Surveying of Roofing and Waterproofing Systems Using Non-Destructive Electrical Impedance Scanners.