Tramex ME5 Moisture Encounter Meter
Dual-depth, non-destructive, instant moisture meter for measuring and evaluating moisture content wood, plaster, drywall, brick, roofing.
- Five ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber/ Shallow Depth/ Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry
- Dual Depth Penetration
- Deep signal penetration of up to 1.25"
- Shallow signal penetration of up to 0.40"
- Ideal for testing moisture conditions in different materials
- Measuring range of wood moisture 5 to 30%
- Comparative scale of 0-100 for other materials
- Hold button to "freeze" a reading
- Audible signal
- Readings will be sent to Tramex Meter App on mobile device via Bluetooth
- Optional Extension Bracket with a selfie stick
Water damage and the affects it can have on flooring, drywall, wood, roofs, siding and many other materials can be extremely damaging to a building and its occupant’s health if not properly diagnosed and repaired. The contractor by using the Tramex ME5 can quickly and easily evaluate moisture content and the extent of damage so it can be repaired.
The dual depth penetration on the ME5 ranges from shallow depth of up to 0.40” (10mm) to a deep depth penetration of 1.25” (30mm). The Dual-Depth penetration allows for the comparative of surface and core moisture and eliminating of substrate influence on the testing of coverings. The meter has 5 ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber, Shallow Depth, Drywall & Roofing, Plaster & Tile, and Masonry facilitating the proper testing in and through a wide range of materials in the building envelope.
The moisture content (MC%) of wood products is indicated on the upper scale (5-30). The lower scale (0-100) is a comparative scale and may be used for recording and comparing moisture condition in materials other than wood.
The Tramex Moisture Encounter is helpful in locating moisture related problems within and behind a variety of building materials in the building envelope, mapping the extent of moisture damage caused to buildings, and monitoring progressive drying conditions in the drying process of building materials and surfaces.
The ME5 moisture meter detects and evaluates moisture conditions within various building materials by non-invasively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material through the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The ME5 determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value which is automatically display on the large clear analog dial.
Moisture readings will be sent via Bluetooth to the Tramex App on your mobile device when you press the Bluetooth button on the ME5.
Tramex Meter App
- Visualize your meter moisture readings
- Photograph and Geo-tag the meter readings to providing vital supportive documentary evidence.
- Moisture mapping your reading - With a photograph or plan drawings of floor or wall surface, you can create a grid to enter moisture reading values creating a complete moisture map of the area. The completed moist map can be used in reports as a visual illustration of the moisture content in the area as well as be exported.
|Specifications:|| Tramex Moisture Encounter Meter ME5 |
|Size:|| 6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (150mm x 85mm x 38mm) |
|Power:||2 x AALR6 Alkaline (included)|
|Depth of Penetration (Shallow Signal):||up to .40" (10mm)|
|Depth of Penetration (Deep signal):||up to 1.25 (30mm)|
|Wood Moisture Content:||5 to 30%|
|Reference scale for building materials:||0 to 100|
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Water Damage Restoration|
|Indoor Air Quality|
|Asphalt composition shingles and most building materials|
Moisture Meters App – Getting Started with the Tramex Meters App
Tramex Meter App - for 5 Series Moisture Meters