Tramex MRH III Moisture and Humidity Meter - Non Invasive
Tramex MRH III Non Invasive Moisture and Humidity Test Set is a hand-held digital moisture meter calibrated for most building materials that is fast, accurate, and non-destructive. Professionals in home inspection, flooring, water damage restoration, indoor air quality, and pest control would all benefit from having this well-designed, well-engineered, and versatile meter in their diagnostic tool bag to detect moisture conditions.
- Durable, digital, non-destructive moisture meter
- Accurate moisture readings for most building materials
- Specific gravity adjustments for different wood species
- Deep signal penetration to over 1” into material without damaging the surface
- Wide range of readings for wood of 5% - 30% and 0 to 100 comparative for all other materials
- Large, easy to read, backlit LCD screen
- Hold function to “freeze” the reading when working in an area that is hard to see
- Automatically turns off after 10 minutes of inactivity
- Optional plug in pin type wood probe
- Optional plug in Tramex Hygro-I probe to measure RH, temperature, dew point and mixed ratio readings
- Recommended by SICA and other floor covering manufacturers
We all know that excessive moisture can have detrimental effects on the health and safety of a building and its occupants. Water damage can affect walls, flooring, roofs, and ceilings causing mold and other structural issues that can be expensive to fix and damaging to people’s health. A contractor using the MRH III can easily locate areas of high moisture and graph out these areas so they can be repaired as soon as possible.
The Tramex MRH III moisture and humidity meter can detect moisture through paint, wall coverings, drywall, floor coverings, roof coverings and most other building materials. The Tramex MRH 3 uses a non-destructive impedance measurement to read the moisture content up to 1 ¼” in wood and drywall.
The meter has a wide range of readings for wood from 5%- 30% and 0 – 100 comparative for all other materials. The MRH III has high accuracy in low moisture content readings and up to 55% moisture content readings for wood in the non-penetrating mode. When the meter is on the wood scale, the specific gravity (a scale that indicates a substance’s density) can be selected to give a more accurate measurement for different wood species.
The MRH III is easy to use. Simply push the “on” button, choose the type of scale: wood, roofing, masonry, drywall or laminate to be tested, and place the unit on the surface. You need to make sure that the external rubber electrodes make direct contact with the material being tested to ensure better sensitivity and depth of signal penetration. The measurement will be instantly shown on the large, clear, backlit, LCD display. The meter makes it easy to quickly and accurately measure a large area by simply sliding the meter along the surface to be measured.
The MRH III has a hold function that will “freeze” the reading when used in an area that is hard to see and an audible sound will alert the user that an area has high moisture content. The unit will turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. When turned back on, it will automatically default to the last user setting.
Pest Management Professional (PMP) can use the Tramex MRH III to determine if existing conditions are conducive to the infestation of termites, carpenter ants, and other wood destroying insects. By detecting areas of excessive moisture, the PMP can locate, control and eradicate these pests. However, inspectors should not focus totally on moisture prone areas, as termites can relocate water to dry areas. The MRH III can be useful in helping determine the best placement of above ground bait station and assessing moisture level changes pre- and post- treatment to monitor the situation.
Optional probes can be purchased to give a contractor even more information regarding building conditions. An optional plug-in Heavy-duty Pin-type Wood Probe (HH14TP30) can be used to determine the moisture content in wood, wall cavities, and wood based products.
Another optional probe is the Tramex Hygro-i2 relative humidity probe (HIPP1), which when plugged in automatically changes the meter to Hygrometer Mode. This probe will measure ambient relative humidity, temperature, dew point, and mixed ratio readings giving additional information regarding the conditions in the building structure.
Tramex does make an optional calibration check box (CALBOXMRH) to verify the MRH III calibration.
Tramex with over 40 years in the design and production of moisture meters has an international reputation for the highest standards in quality and innovation in a variety of industries related to moisture content in wood and concrete. When purchasing a Tramex, you are investing in quality and peace of mind for years of trouble free use.
What's in the Box?
- MRH III meter
- Instruction manual
- 9V battery
- One year warranty
Please check out these Tramex kits which include the MRH III.
Tramex FMK5.1 Flooring Master Moisture Test Kit CMEX2 MRH3 Probes and Accessories
Tramex EIK5.1 Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems Moisture Inspection (EIFS) which includes the RWS, MRH III, Infrared Thermometer, Probes and Accessories
- Operates on included battery
- Defaults to last setting when powered
- Freeze onscreen readings with hold function
- Audible warning tone with on/off switch
- Auto power-off for battery conservation
- Large LCD display is backlit and easy-to-read
- Wood readings 5 percent to 30 percent and 0 to 100 comparative for all other materials
- External rubber electrodes send signal through material being tested
- Specific gravity adjustment for most wood species. Deep signal penetration up to over 1 inch into the materials being tested without the need to damage the surface. Signal penetration depends on material being tested and meter setting
- Optional plug in relative humidity probe for relative humidity, temperature, dew point and mixing ratio readings
- Optional plug in wood probe
- Digital, non-destructive moisture meter
- All Tramex products carry a full satisfaction guarantee including a one year warranty against defects in parts & workmanship and a refund if the unit is returned, shipping pre-paid, in new condition within 21 days of original delivery. Proof of purchase is necessary.
|Specifications:||Tramex MRH III Non Invasive Moisture and Humidity Test Set|
|Size:||6" x 3.5" x 1.5" (150mm x 85mm x 38mm)|
|Power:||9 volt PP3 Battery (included)|
|Display:||Digital / Backlit|
|Depth of Penetration:||up to1¼"(30mm)(In wood, drywall)|
|Reference scale for building materials:||0 to 100|
|Relative Humidity (with optional Hygro-i probe)||0 to 99%|
|Wood Non-invasive Mode:||5 to 55%MC (at SG of 0.3)|
|Wood Invasive Mode (with optional wood pin probes):||7 to 40%MC|
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Applications:||Tramex MRH III (MRH 3) Moisture and Humidity Meter|
|Indoor Air Quality|
|Asphalt composition shingles|
|Most building materials|
Tramex MRH III Non Invasive Moisture and Humidity Test Set
Tramex MRH3 - Digital Moisture & Humidity Meter
Love the flexibility
I have used this meter on different building materials with great success. I also purchased the hammer probe for those times when you need a little deeper moisture measurement. Love the flexibility this gives me.
This meter detects moisture to over 1 inch depth. All my previous meters went down to 3/3 of an inch only and I could not find any better. Now, I have an excellent tool to find wet spots in all building materials fast, and without damaging surface. It was a great buy.
This takes in account the different kinds of woods, which is helpful as each different wood is inconsistent to how they are able to absorb moisture, and would help greatly to get a more accurate reading of moisture in wood.
I got it, as it was recommended to us by one of manufacturers, who make floor coverings. Tested it on a first job, and indeed it reads moisture deeper than most comparable meters. So far, I am very happy with it.
LED screen is great
I've used tramex products forever. The MRH III has the LCD screen and is real easy to operate and read.
the different functions this has in terms of moisture, temperature and dew point is quite useful when testing surfaces.
solid well built moisture meter
multiple building materials to choose from is a big bonus for me. While i mostly deal with drywall, wood, and concrete, sometimes you don't know what you will see. I say its always best to be prepared.