Trend Networks R164009 FiberTEK IV-SM Kit Fiber Certification Adapters for LanTEK IV-S
The Trend Network R164009 FiberTEK IV – SM Kit with laser light source is a Tier-1 certification for multimode (1310/1550nm) fiber optic cabling. The FiberTEK IV adapters are used with the LanTEK IV-S for fast and simple certification of high bandwidth fiber optic cabling, including support for encircled flux testing (optional).
- Attenuation/insertion loss (dB) measurement
- Single-mode fiber optic cabling (1310/1550nm)
- Encircled Flux compliant (optional)
- Built-in visible light source for troubleshooting
- Full Tier 1 fiber certification
- Complies with TIA/ISO/IEC
FiberTEK IV Features
- Red laser light source to visually pinpoint faults and locate fiber ports
Receive Led Indicator
- Flashes red to warn of light from other sources, green when linked to FiberTEK IV
Supports all common connectors
- SC, FC, ST adapters included. (LC adapter optional)
Simplified bi-directional measurements
- Eliminate process of manually merging directional test into one record
- Tier-1 certification of multimode fiber optic cabling
- Allow 1 and 3 jumper field calibration methods to endure accuracy and compliance to ISO/IEC and ANSI/TIA standards
Encircled Flux compliance
- Enables compliance certification to the latest IEC and ANSI/TIA standards (optional accessory)
Complies with all international standards including ANSI/TIA, ISO/IEC
The Trend FiberTEK IV-SM is for single-mode cables. A single-mode cable has only one mode of propagation: a single wavelength of light in the fiber core. Therefore, there is no interference or overlap between the different wavelengths of light to garble your data over long distances like with a multimode cable.
With only a single wavelength of light passing through its core, single-mode fiber realigns the light toward the core center instead of simply bouncing it off the edge of the core as multimode does.
Single-mode fiber is ideal for the long haul, high-bandwidth network links spread out over extended areas, including CATV, campus backbone, telecommunication, and large enterprise applications.
The FiberTEK IV SM is a Tier 1 certification. Tier 1 fiber certification measures the total (attenuation) in a cabling and a Bi-directional test. Using a LanTEK IV with the FiberTEK IV adapter will provide Tier 1 fiber certification. Tier 1 certification is a simple and accurate way of determining whether a fiber optic link will support an application or not.
Sapphire Care Plan
The Trend Network offers a Sapphire Care Plan for the FiberTEK IV adapters designed to help minimize downtime, reduce the cost of ownership, and protect against unforeseen repair bills. More information about the Sapphire Care Plan can be found under the Documentation Tab.
What’s in the Box?
- Two single-mode FiberTEK IV modules
- Lockable semi-rigid carrying case
- SC, FC, ST adaptors for modules (2 ea.)
- SC-SC patch cords (6x 9µm MMF) compliant to ISO/IEC 14763-3 standard
- Calibration certification
- Quick reference guide
- 1 year warranty
FiberTEK IV Fiber Certification Adapters for the LanTEK IV-S
Trend Networks R164008 FIBERTEK IV - Multimode (850/1300nm) with LED light
Trend Networks R164009 FIBERTEK IV - Single-mode (1310/1550nm) with laser light
Trend Networks R164010 FIBERTEK IV - Both MM/SM kits (Singlemode & Multimode Light Source 850/1300 & 1310/1550nm)