Trend Networks R164010 FiberTEK IV-SM Single-mode/MM Multimode Kit
The Trend Network R164010 FiberTEK IV-MM LED and SM Laser Kit combines both the multimode (850/1300nm) and single-mode (1310/1550nm) fiber certification adapters in one kit. The FiberTEK IV MM and SM adapters are used with the LanTEK IV-S for fast and simple certification of high bandwidth fiber optic cabling, including support for encircled flux testing (optional). Every FiberTEK IV - fiber certification adapter includes a built-in visible light source to help you visually pinpoint faults and locate fiber ports. The Trend FiberTEK IV adapters provide optical fiber loss (dB) measurements meeting Tier 1 certification requirements.
- Attenuation / insertion loss (dB) measurement
- Multimode (850/1300nm)
- Single-mode (1310/1550nm)
- Encircled Flux compliant (optional)
- Built-in visible light source for troubleshooting
- Full Tier 1 fiber certification
- Complies with TIA/ISO/IEC
- Red laser light source to visually pinpoint faults and locate fiber ports
Receive Led Indicator
- Flashes red to warn of light from other sources, green when linked to FiberTEK IV
Supports all common connectors
- SC, FC, ST adapters included. (LC adapter optional)
Simplified bi-directional measurements
- Eliminate process of manually merging directional test into one record
- Tier-1 certification of multimode fiber optic cabling
- Allow 1 and 3 jumper field calibration methods to endure accuracy and compliance to ISO/IEC and ANSI/TIA standards
Encircled Flux compliance
- Enables compliance certification to the latest IEC and ANSI/TIA standards (optional accessory)
Complies with all international standards including ANSI/TIA, ISO/IEC
Trend FiberTEK IV-MM (850/1300nm)
The Trend FiberTEK IV-MM adapter is for multimode cables. Multimode cables have a large-diameter core that lets multiple modes of light pass through it, meaning more types of data can be transmitted. However, because signal quality drops as distance increases, multimode fiber is generally used for short-distance communications across local area networks (LANs).
Trend FiberTEK IV-SM (1310/1550nm)
The Trend FiberTEK IV-SM adapter is for single-mode cables. A single-mode cable has only one mode of propagation: a single wavelength of light in the fiber core. Therefore, there is no interference or overlap between the different wavelengths of light to garble your data over long distances like with a multimode cable.
With only a single wavelength of light passing through its core, single-mode fiber realigns the light toward the core center instead of simply bouncing it off the edge of the core as multimode does.
Single-mode fiber is ideal for the long haul, high-bandwidth network links spread out over extended areas, including CATV, campus backbone, telecommunication, and large enterprise applications.
Sapphire Care Plan
The Trend Network offers a Sapphire Care Plan for the FiberTEK IV adapters designed to help minimize downtime, reduce the cost of ownership, and protect against unforeseen repair bills. More information about the Sapphire Care Plan can be found under the Documentation Tab.
What’s in the Box?
- (2) Multimode FiberTEK IV modules
- (2) Single-mode FiberTEK IV modules
- Lockable semi-rigid Carrying case
- SC, FC, ST adapters for modules (2 ea)
- SC-SC patch cords (6 x 9um, 6 x 50um)
- Calibration Certificate
- Quick reference guide
- 1-year warranty
FiberTEK IV Fiber Certification Adapters for the LanTEK IV-S
Trend Networks R164010
FIBERTEK IV - Both MM/SM kits (Singlemode & Multimode Light Source 850/1300 & 1310/1550nm)