Trend Networks R240-SIPV FiberMASTER Single Mode OTDR
The Trend Networks R240-SIPV FiberMASTER is a single mode fiber optic tester for contractors and network technicians to verify, troubleshoot, and certify fiber optic cabling. The Trend Networks R240-SIPV is a Single-Mode OTDR with 2 wavelengths: 1310/1550 with SC connector, an inspection port, and a power meter. A comparison chart with the different Trend Network FiberMASTER OTDRs is listed down below.
- One of the world’s smallest OTDRs
- ORL measurement range to -60 dB
- Compatible with the auto-centering/Pass/Fail video probe
- Pass/Fail report to TIA/ISO/IEC/IEEE
- 82 dB power meter dynamic range
- Auto test up to three wavelengths
- Distance accuracy verified by German test lab
- Free CertSoft PC Reporting Software
The Trend R240-SIPV FiberMASTER is one of the smallest OTDR. The FiberMaster OTDRs feature both high dynamic range and small dead zones providing the precision required for installation and troubleshooting. The software simplifies certification of cabling to meet TIA/ISO/IEC/IECC requirements with simple pass/fail results and the distance accuracy has been verified by German test laboratory.
In addition, custom test parameters are easily set to accommodate any application. OTDRs can be complicated to configure and achieve accurate results. However, the FiberMASTER R240-SIPV OTDR fiber tester has an intuitive touchscreen user interface that guides you through the setup and testing process to save time and improves accuracy.
The Trend R240-SIPV single-mode OTDR is a Tier-2 fiber optic certifier. The primary advantage of a Tier-2 test is that it provides information about each connection, splice and cable segment in the link and offers a graphical representation of the components and their performance. When testing newly installed cabling the report is a snapshot of the system that can be compared to later test to identify any changes in the cabling. The OTDR is unrivalled for troubleshooting because it shows the technician exactly where faults are located in the cabling, expediting the repair process.
The Trend Networks OTDRs include a power meter and when partnered with a FiberMASTER light source kit (not included), the OTDR can be used to directly measure cable attenuation or to measure the output power of optical equipment for troubleshooting.
90% of all fiber optic cables and network issues arise from dirty and/or damaged fiber connectors which is why the Fiber Inspection Probe (optional purchase) is an essential piece of equipment for any fiber cable installer or technician.
Managing Test Data and Documentation is easy with the CertSoft Reporting Software. Project reporting and documentation is fast and easy with the free CertSoft PC reporting software. Reports can include trace graphs, schematic and table analysis, power meter results and connector images.
Sapphire Care Plan
Trend Network offers the Sapphire Care Plan for complete protection of your Trend FiberMaster R240-SIPV Single-Mode OTDR. The Sapphire Care Plan is designed to help minimize down time, reduce the cost of ownership and protect against unforeseen repair bills.
The Sapphire Care Plan includes:
- Free Annual Calibration
- Free Repairs
- Free Loan Unit During Repairs and Calibration
- Free Online Training and Technical Support
- Free Shipping
- Free Replaceable Wear Parts
Every year choose two of the following accessories:
- R240-ML-SCSC - Launch cable OM4 150m SC-SC
- R240-ML-SCLC - Launch cable OM4 150m SC-LC
- R240-SL-SCLC - Launch cable SM G.657 A1 150m SC-LC
- R240-SL-SCSC - Launch cable SM G.657 A1 150m SC-SC
- R240-SL-SCSC-A -Launch cable SM G.657 A1 150m SC-SC APC
- 33-963-10 – One-click fiber cleaner STC-TC 2.5mm
- 33-963-11 – One-click fiber cleaner STC-FC 1.25mm
What’s in the Box?
- FiberMASTER Single-mode OTDR with SC connectors
- Inspection port
- Power meter
- Power Adapter (x1)
- USB Cable (x1)
- Stylus (x2)
- Carry Case (x1)
- Hang. Strap (x1)
- Cleaning Pen 1.25mm (x1) and 2.5mm (x1)
- SM 2m Cable LC-SC (x1)
- SM 2m Cable SC-SC (x1)
- Power Meter Connectors (LC,SC,FC,ST,1.25mm UNIV, 2.5mm UNIV)
- Quick Ref. Guide (x1)
- 1 year warranty
Trend Networks R240-QIP FiberMaster Quad OTDR (850/1300/1310/1550)
Trend Networks R240-SIPV FiberMaster Single Mode OTDR (1310/1550)
Trend Networks R240-PIP FiberMaster PON OTDR (1310/1550/1625)