Lan networks are at risk of expensive downtime and lost productivity due to the ever-increasing demand of bandwidth hungry services such as video streaming, video conferencing, CCTV cameras, and Wi-Fi access points.
The SignalTek 10 FT Gigabit Ethernet tester
will measure the maximum bandwidth available of the network, identify bottlenecks and discover opportunities to increase bandwidth without replacing expensive data cabling.
What is the maximum error-free bandwidth the cabling/infrastructure can support?
The max throughput test takes the guesswork out of the existing cabling infrastructure. With one test, users can easily see what hardware or applications would work on an existing link, saving time and reducing the cost of replacing expensive data cabling.
Verify fiber link speed to 1G or 10G, and measure optical power and data throughput.
Validate Fiber Link Speed - The fiber link speed test confirms the connection is 1G or 10G which can be affected by cable length or signal loss.
Troubleshoot Fiber Cable Issues - The Tx and Rx optical power measurement is compared to the expected power level to determine attenuation in a fiber link.
Easy to understand traffic light status - The simple traffic light indicator displays Good, Marginal, or Poor power levels based on IEEE 802.3 1G/10G limits.
Max throughput test - The SignalTEK 10G FT (R157001) will prove the maximum available bandwidth over the fiber link up to 10Gb/s.
Discover a faulty SFP - The SFP temperature is measured to help understand if it has become faulty.
Adoption of Power over Ethernet (PoE)
PoE (Power over Ethernet) is a technology to provide both data connection and electric power to the PoE enabled devices over a single Ethernet cable. Since PoE technology comes with lower cost, less downtime, easy installation, and maintenance, the Power over Ethernet market demands has been increasing sharply over the years. The PoE applications have penetrated everywhere including, monitors, digital signage, phones, security cameras, lighting, and access control.
In the past, technicians had to understand all the various standards, device power outputs, and cable lengths to be sure a device would operate successfully.
The Ideal Networks SignalTEK 10G FT (R157001) identifies the Class of the PoE source and power available up to 90W to a PoE device regardless of cable length, cable quality, or other factors. A clear pass/fail is provided to IEEE 802.3af/at/bt standards.
PoE testing to Eliminate Guesswork
- No more trial and error - Accurately measure the maximum power available
- Supports PoE up to 90W (PoE++) - Test all PoE Classes (0-8) and Types (af/at/bt)
- Identifies the powered pairs - Determine whether power is from a switch or midspan injector
- Verify the PoE installation - Pass / Fail indication to IEEE standards
- Extended power test - Some switches may provide power exceeding their IEEE Class rating. Measure the maximum available power up to 90 watts.
Test Management Software
SignalTEK 10G has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity to connect seamlessly to the free Trend AnyWARE Cloud test management system, where reports can be generated quickly and easily with accurate data. The Trend AnyWARE Cloud offers pre-configuration to eliminate errors on-site, label printer connectivity to save time and “proof of performance” PDF reports for the clients.
The Trend AnyWARE Cloud management system allows real time collaboration between Project Managers and Field Technicians. There is no need for Field Technicians to setup the Trend Networks R157001 SignalTEK 10G FT, Project Managers pre-configure the jobs and tests in the AnyWARE Cloud, eliminating potential mistakes and reducing time in preparing customer reports.
- Operates anywhere with a web browser - AnyWARE Cloud operates on a PC, Mac and tablet devices (Android and iOS)
- Free storage - No need for separate servers or backup systems.
- Easy to find project files - Attach all project files including cable layout drawings, videos, and photos into the AnyWARE Cloud. Everything you need in one place.
- Share reports easier - Use AnyWARE Cloud to share links to the test reports eliminating the need to manually email large attachments.
- Reduce training time with WalkMe - AnyWARE Cloud is embedded with the WalkMe digital adoption platform providing proactive, step-by-step guidance on all key tasks.
Easily manage the certifier fleet – The Fleet manager shows who has the SignalTEK 10G FT, when the software was last updated, and when results were last synced. This feature helps to manage the tester downtime and ensure results are transferred back to the office and not lost or deleted.
Professional PDF reporting
Customer profiles – Create a customer profile with their company logo, address, and contact details. These profiles help save the technician time as the information is included automatically in any reports.
Summary report – This report shows multiple tests per page.
Detailed report – A comprehensive report with all the measurement results with one page per test.
Reports can be generated on the SignalTEK 10G or on the free Trend AnyWARE Cloud.
TeamViewer Live Support
Project Managers can connect to an R157001 SignalTEK 10G FT on the job site using AnyWARE Cloud to troubleshoot failed links - minimizing troubleshooting time, increasing collaboration, and reducing call-backs.
What’s in the Box?
- SignalTEK 10G FT Display/ Remote handsets with Fiber Testing
- (2) Li-ion Batteries
- (2) Hanging straps
- (2) Power supply
- (2) 2m Cat 6A Shielded patch cables
- Carrying case
- Quick reference guide
- 1-year Warranty
Trend Network SignalTEK 10G Models: