Winter Sale! In Stock and Ready to Ship.
TSI Alnor EBT731 Balometer Capture Hood is a multipurpose electronic air balancing instrument that is primarily used at difusers and grilles to efficiently take direct air flow volume readings. It is an ideal tool for testing and balancing of HVAC systems, troubleshooting, as well as commissioning of buildings.
Air Balancing Hood: key features
- Can be operated by one person due to ergonomic design and ultra light weight
- Automatic sensing and display of supply or return flows – big time safer
- Accurate readings due to back pressure compensation
- Multiple hood sizes available for easy, cost effective use across multiple jobs
- Detachable digital micro-manometer offers flexibility to use in multiple applications
- Reading accuracy is increased by automatic density correction
- Setup is easy with intuitive menu structure
- Simultaneously displays up to 5 measurements
- Simple-to-use interface with large backlit display
- Messages and instructions on-screen
- Supports multiple languages
- Calculations simplified by integrated Log-Tchebycheff duct traverse application
It features a detachable micromanometer which can be used with optional probes in multiple measurement applications for increased flexibility. The lightweight, ergonomically designed EBT731 capture hood kit offers durable, trouble-free operation along with saving time and money by combining multiple measurement tools into one package.
The TSI Alnor EBT731 balometer capture hood helps the operator create a healthy and energy efficient environment while at the same time meeting local codes, regulations, and guidelines for ventilation systems.
Features of detachable micromanometer:
- Accurate measurement of pressure, velocity and air flow
- Auto-zero pressure sensor to increase work efficiency
- Increased reading accuracy due to automatic density correction
- Intuitive menu for ease use
- Large graphic display shows up to 5 measurements and instructions
- Programmable in multiple languages
- Simplified calculations due to implementing Log-Tchebycheff duct traverse
- Bluetooth communication and data transfer
- Works with optional accessories such as: pitot tube, air flow (straight pitot), temperature/relative humidity, velocity matrix, or thermos-anemometer probes
Why would you use TSI balometer?
This is the most trusted brand, when it comes to air capture hoods, and all instruments come with NIST Calibration Certificate.
Who should use balometers?
- Contractors performing test and balance services
- Commissioning agents and companies
- Facility managers and maintenance techs
- Health and safety specialists for their evaluations
- Installers of ventilation systems
What is the difference between a balometer and an air flow capture hood?
The two terms are synonymous as both instruments measure the volume of air coming out of diffusers and grilles. The term balometer was coined by Alnor as a way to simplify the name over airflow capture hoods which seems to have worked as it is now used by most HVAC service technicians.
ValueTesters carries balometers of all sizes from all major brands. Each hood size has certain benefits depending on application including: evaluating thermal comfort, HVAC testing, adjusting and balancing of HVAC systems, HVAC commissioning, troubleshooting of HVAC systems, or even clean room certification. Our customer service specialists can help you select the best product to meet your needs, as well as assist you with your exclusive pricing.
The TSI Alnor EBT731 comes with:
- 2' x 2' (610 mm x 610 mm) air capture hood/frame/base, manometer with carrying case
- (4) AA size rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Multi-country AC adapter
- 18 in. (46 cm) Pitot probe
- (2) Static Pressure probes
- 16 ft (4.8 m) Neoprene tubing
- Wheeled luggage-style carrying case
- NIST traceable calibration certification
- Downloading software
- USB interface cable
- User manual
TSI Alnor also has additional tools for the micromanometer allowing it to be used in a variety of applications. Optional pitot, air flow (straight pitot), temperature/relative humidity, velocity matrix, or plug and play thermoanemometer probes enables use in multiple applications.
The Pitot tube is used to measure air velocity, air volume, and velocity pressure in a ductwork. This accessory is available in a variety of sizes.
|Part Number||Pitot Tube Size|
|634634000||5/16 - 12" (8mm - 30cm) diameter|
|634634001||5/16 - 18" (8mm - 46cm) diameter|
|634634002||5/16 - 24" (8mm - 61cm) diameter|
|634634003 ||5/16 - 36” (8mm - 91cm) diameter|
|634634005||5/16 - 60” (8mm – 152cm) diameter|
Velocity Matrix (p/n 801090
) is used for measuring face velocities of HEPA filters, chemical fume hood, laminar flow benches, filter banks, kitchen exhausts, and other applications where a large surface area needs to be measured. The 16 point velocity matrix with a telescopic handle has a grid that covers 1 ft² and averages the air velocity while minimizing the effects of turbulence to produce a stable reading.
Air Flow Probe (p/n 800187
) is a straight probe used to measure a single point air velocity or air volume measurement in ductwork.
Temperature /Humidity Probe (p/n 800220) is a telescopic probe that extends from 9-39”. This probe is used for measuring inside of duct work with the ability to calculate wet bulb and dew point temperatures.
Thermoanemometer Probes are available in straight or articulating construction and with or without a relative humidity sensor. These probes can also be used to measure air temperature, air velocities or air volume measurements in ductwork as well as lower velocity applications such as face velocity measurements of chemical fume hoods, biological safety cabinets and filtration systems. Four models are available. Models with a relative humidity sensor can also calculate wet bulb and dewpoint temperature.
|960||Air Velocity and Temperature, Straight Probe|
|962||Air Velocity and Temperature, Articulating Probe|
|964||Air Velocity, Temperature, and Humidity, Straight Probe|
|966||Air Velocity, Temperature, and Humidity, Articulating Probe|
Balometer Capture Hoods are used to obtain volumetric air flow measurements through diffusers, registers, and grilles. The 2’ x 2’ come standard with the EBT731, but other sizes are available. Please see the table below for the additional sizes available.
You can also purchase the EBT731-STA
that includes a stand that extends up to 15’ and a Smart Tablet loaded with LogDat mobile app and instruction videos.
If you are interested in purchasing one of the accessory probes and it is not found on the website, please contact customer service at 602-795-8292 and we will be happy to add it to your order.
Additional hood sizes made by TSI Alnor:
|Part Number||Hood Size|
| 801097|| 2 x 2 ft. (610 x 610 mm)|
| 801200|| 1 x 4 ft. (305 x 1220 mm)|
| 801201|| 2 x 4 ft. (610 x 1220 mm)|
| 801202|| 1 x 5 ft. (305 x 1525 mm)|
| 801203|| 3 x 3 ft. (915 x 915 mm)|
| 801206|| 1 x 4 ft. and 2 x 4 ft. hoods|
| 801207|| 1 x5 ft. and 3 x 3 ft. hoods|
| 801209|| 16 x 16 in. (406 x 406 mm)|
|801210|| 5.25 in. x 4 ft. (133 x 1220 mm)|
| 801211|| 28 x 28 in. (710 x 710 mm)|
|801212|| 28 x 50 in. (710 x 1270 mm)|
| 801215|| 1 x 3 ft. (305 x 915 mm)|