UEi C163KIT Flue Gas Combustion Analyzer with Differential Pressure
The UEi C163KIT is a residential/commercial flue gas combustion analyzer that gives you the versatility to check furnace efficiency, boiler tuning, as well as water heaters. The C163 combustion analyzer offers direct CO2 measurement, differential pressure, over-range protection pump, a wireless module, and a 30-second start-up time. The UEi C163 flue gas analyzer measures CO, CO2, pressure, flue, and inlet temperature and calculates O2, differential temperature, CO/CO2 ratio, efficiency (net, gross), excess air, CO/CO2 ratio, differential pressure, and losses. The UEi C163KITincludes both a case and printer.
If you do not need a printer, check out UEI C163 combustion analyzer.
The C163KIT Residential Combustion Analyzer is easy to use with a rugged design, multiple sensor protections, altitude compensation, and differential pressure. The C163KIT provides all the essential information for installing and maintaining gas appliances all in one device. The C163KIT combustion analyzer prints to the printer and wireless App. In addition, the UEi C163KIT is backed by UEi Service+ to allow up to 10 years’ warranty, next day recertification and a reduced cost of ownership.
- Backed by UEi Service+ with up to 10-year warranty
- UEi Service+ offers same-day recertification with free freight
- Sensor technology designed to reduce cost of ownership and risk of cross-contamination
- Rugged design with east-to-reach 6-line display
- Magnet for hands-free work
- Easy DMM-style approach
- 3 Types of Sensor Protection
- NOx Filtered CO sensor
- Heat Exchanger Test
- Purge pump protection for CO sensor
The C163 flue gas analyzer replaces the Oxygen sensor with the UEi’s EOS Carbon Dioxide (CO2) sensor. This EOS technology protects the CO2 sensor because the flue gases do not make direct contact with it providing more accurate calculations as well as being more cost-efficient as a technician never has to replace the O2 sensor.
The large six-line display is backlit and provides the user with relevant information based on current activity including instrument status via the new intelligent status bar which is the last line on the display. The status bar icons are designed to provide quick and simple instrument status information without having to navigate complicated menu systems or detract from the job at hand.
The UEI C163 combustion analyzer performs a heat exchanger test. A heat exchanger test is important as each time a gas furnace goes through a heating cycle – the metal heat-exchanger expands as it heats up. At the end of the heating cycle – the heat-exchanger cools off and contracts. Over the years, metal fatigue caused by the recurring expansion and contraction often causes a crack in the heat exchanger. Once cracked, the crack will get worse as time passes. A cracked heat exchanger can leak Carbon Monoxide (CO) into the home’s indoor air. This poses a safety and health hazard for the home’s occupants.
UEi added an over-range protection pump in the C163 combustion analyzer that when activated shuts down the main sampling pump. This allows the sample system to be purged with fresh air. Once the readings have returned to a safe level, the protection pump will shut down and the main pump will reactivate.
The UEi combustion analyzers use a new data storage system allowing the user to store the maximum number of logs of interest to them, rather than be restricted to an allowance of particular logs. The memory can store up to 30 logs of any combination of combustion, AUX, or Pressure/ Temperature tests. The UEi C163 residential combustion analyzer also includes wireless capabilities to a printer app for compatible iOS and Android devices.
The C163 analyzer has a protective rubber boot with magnets for hands-free operation and is supplied with a probe with an integral temperature sensor.
UEi Service+ Program
UEi has a new Service+ Program for the C161, C163, and C165+ combustion analyzers to keep your analyzer performing at its best. All flue gas analyzers drift out of calibration over time, regardless of use. However, with the new UEi Service+ Program, you can be confident that your analyzer is operating at the manufacturer’s specification to provide your customers with the best service possible.
The new Service+ Program offers:
The new Service+ Program offers:
- 1-Year warranty extension, up to 10 years, same day recertification.
- 8-hour service turnaround and Free UPS ground shipping to and from the UEI ISO-certified Indianapolis service center.
- By booking recertification of your C160 analyzer within 12 months from the date of purchase or the date of the last recertification, you will receive reduced service pricing that lowers the cost of ownership.
- For more information or to register your UEi combustion analyzer go to www.ueitest.com/service.
What is in the Box?
- Gas Analyzer (C163)
- Flue probe
- 3 x AA rechargeable batteries
- USB charging cable
- Particular Filter
- Tubing with connector
- 2 K-type probe
- Infrared printer
- Printer paper roll
- Quick Start Guide
- Carrying case
- Up to 10 Year warranty with annual recertification
Don't need a printer? Check out:
UEi C163 Combustion Analyzer includes a case, but no printer.
- Measures: CO, CO2, differential pressure, flue and inlet temperature
- Calculates: O2, differential temperature, efficiency (net, gross), excess air
- Up to 10-Year warranty with annual recertification
- Over-range protection pump
- Heat Exchanger Test
- Flue temperature range: 32° to 1112°F (0° to 600°C)
- Carbon monoxide range: 0 to 2000 ppm
- Carbon dioxide range: 0 to 20%
- Large 6-line backlit display
- Easy to use DMM rotary-style selector
- Oxygen sensor never needs to be replaced
- Low flow detector
- Memory: 30 logs
- Protective rubber boot with magnets
- NOx filtered CO sensor
- AUX setting where the user can select desired parameters
- LED water trap full indicator
- High altitude compensation
- 8 pre-programmed fuels
- Date and time display
- IR printer port
- 60-second air purge when unit is turned on
- Auto purge at shut down
- Wireless BT Module
|Specifications:||UEi C163 Flue Gas Combustion Analyzer|
|Flue Temperature||32 - 1112°F (0 - 600°C)||0.1 °F/°C||±0.5°F (0.5°C)|
|Inlet Temperature (Internal Sensor)||32 ~ 122 °F (0-50°C)||0.1 °F/°C||±0.1°F (0.1°C)|
|Inlet Temperature (External Sensor)||32 - 1112°F (0 - 600°C)||0.1 °F/°C||±0.5°F (0.5°C)|
|Flue Gas Measurements|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||0 - 2000 ppm||1 ppm||±3 ppm or ± 5% of reading (whichever is greater)|
|Carbon Dioxide (CO2)||0 - 20%||0.1%||±0.3% volume|
|Oxygen (O2)||0 - 21%||0.1%||±0.3% volume|
|Efficiency (Net or Gross)||0 - 99.9%||0.1%||±1.0% of reading|
|Efficiency High (C)||0 - 119.9%||0.1%||±0.1% of reading|
|Excess Air||0 - 119.9%||0.1%||±0.2% of reading|
|CO/CO2 Ratio||0 - 0.9999||0.0001||±5% of reading|
|Pressure Differential||±80 mBar||0.1 mBar||±0.5% FSD|
|Pre-Programmed Fuels||Natural gas, Propane, Butane, LPG, Light Oils, Wood Pellets, Bio Oil, Heavy Oil|
|Storage Capacity||30 Combustion tests|
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C) at 15 - 90% R.H|
|Battery Type||NiMH (AA) 3|
|Dimensions||Handset: 8.54" (217mm) x 4.18" (106mm) x 1.86" (47mm)|
|Weight||1.5 lb., (635g)|
|Certifications||The C161 is TUV-tested and certified to EN 50379, |
Parts 1-3 in accordance to 1st German Federal Emission Control Ordinance (Bim5chV)
Manufactured to meet AHRI 1260 standard
EMC EN507270:2015; Safety EN61010-1:2010
|Battery Life||>8 Hrs (continuous with pump on)|
|Power Supply||Input: Rechargeable Batteries, USB Charging|
Proposition 65 Warning for California Residents: This product can expose you to chemicals including Benzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to
- Residential / commercial
- Furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
- Combustion tuning